Volunteering with AMWA-DVC is a great way to build your network and develop your career. We have volunteer opportunities available in programs, newsletter, Web site, membership, and more. Most volunteer tasks take a few hours a month or less.
AMWA-DVC Volunteer Tasks
Volunteer Coordinator – Kira Belkin (Volunteer@amwa-dvc.org)
- Develop a system to connect volunteers with areas of needed service, develop and maintain a list of volunteer tasks, facilitate networking of volunteers
- Recruit and place volunteers
- Develop database of volunteers and projects
Finance Committee – Mark Bowlby (Treasurer@amwa-dvc.org)
- Prepare chapter budget and financial statements. Accountable for use of chapter funds.
- President, Past President, Member at Large
Programs Committee – Julie Munden (Programs@amwa-dvc.org)
- Oversee programs and related tasks below
- Reservations: Take reservations via e-mail and mail. Collect checks. Keep a list of reservations and bring/send it to the meeting.
- Site selection: Gather information on potential sites and make recommendations to the program chair.
- Topic selection: Gather information on potential topics and speakers and make recommendations to the program chair.
- Registration: Check in members at the meeting. Collect payment for those who have not paid in advance.
- Meeting analysis: Assist with periodic meeting evaluations and analysis.
Princeton Conference – Darryl L'Heureux (Princeton@amwa-dvc.org)
- Oversee Princeton Conference (site selection, speaker and topic selection, etc.)
- Workshop selection
- Workshop leader recruitment
- Workshop scheduling
- Registration confirmation
- Name badge preparation
- Registration table
- Core/advanced curriculum workshop monitor (2)
Freelance Workshop Program Committee – Ruwaida Vakil (Freelance@amwa-dvc.org)
- Oversee freelance workshop (site selection, speaker and topic selection, etc.)
- Create brochure and work with chair on publicity
- Three volunteers needed to work on-site registrations
Membership Committee – Julie Munden (Membership@amwa-dvc.org)
- Serve as the point person for new member inquiries and receive lists of new members from national. Send introductory letters to all new DVC members. Supervise committee members.
- Personally invite new members to the next 1 or 2 chapter meetings/events after they join
- New Member Reception: held for 15 minutes during the cocktail hour of each meeting with new members and 1 or 2 Executive Committee members
- Certificates: Each year, get a list of members with 10 or more years of membership from national. Prepare long-term membership certificates and present/mail them to members.
Web Site Committee – Janet Manfre (Webchair@amwa-dvc.org)
- Maintain and update the chapter's Web site, including chapter events, newsletters, and announcements.
- Work with chair to establish and meet goals for enhancing the AMWA-DVC Web site
- Assist with other tasks, as needed.
Delawriter Newsletter – Carol DiBerardino (Delawriter@amwa-dvc.org)
- Edit the chapter newsletter
- Submit articles
Webinar Committee – Jennifer Minarcik (Webinar@amwa-dvc.org)
Oversee chapter webinars and related tasks below
Topic Selection: Gather information on potential topics and speakers then make recommendations to the webinar chair.
Promotion: Develop webinar announcements for website, email communication, and LinkedIn chapter group page.
Webinar Analysis: Create summaries based on the information gathered from the exit webinar poll data and report to the webinar chair.